Sunday, November 13, 2005

Year end review

It's been more than one year now since I published this blog and though it became dormant at times, I did manage to post a few blogs and I have enjoyed blogging even though some of my write ups at best can be said to be average.
My favourite bit of blogging was in April - May, when the bug of the poet got into me and I ended up posting 4-5 poems in a very short span of time. The poems may not be too hi-fi n all, but still I enjoyed writing them and am somewhat proud of them.
My favourite blog must be "Of crushes and emotions". While I was writing that I really felt that I was being able to express my feelings and I really loved the begining of the blog. In fact I thought that it was quite a pro-type beginning. Also, it was taken very sportingly by the addressee and that pleased me! As for the situation now ... she has become a much better friend of mine than she was that time. I guess we know each other much better now. That was all I had wanted from her and I got that ... so I am pretty happy!!!
Next in line must be the blog I wrote on Mahatma Gandhi. The very fact that Bhaiya said that it was "a well written essay", convinced me that it must indeed be well written because he is one person who'll never compliment me unless I really deserve it. I saw the movie "Gandhi" some time ago and the movie did much to strengthen my convictions. His courage and determination is awe inspiring. I realised that one who follows the path of righteousness need not be afraid of anything ... he is the strongest person irrespective of his dimensions. People may say that honesty is no longer the best policy but at the end, only an honest person will be able to look into his own eyes in the mirror ... and that is what really counts.
As for my first blog, in which i wrote about myself, I don't think I have changed much. I still have quite the same outlook. Only that I read quite a few books this year, the best of which were "Those Days" and "To Kill a Mocking Bird".
Among the poems I think I like all of them... each of my poems speaks out what I felt at that point of time. I think I went through a bit of a low that time. I wasn't exactly happy ... I don't know why. Even among the company of my friends I felt estranged. I wanted to run away from everyone. "The string of life" conveys exactly that.
I felt sick of liking someone, who, at that point of time, I thought, din't like my company at all... I wrote "The flickering candle".
I felt extremmely lonely on the terrace one evening and as i walked, I knitted the poem "The koel's song" in my mind and I came back home and gave shape to it. "The Crazy diamond" was also written in similar circumstances when I was trying to convince myself that I need to care a damn for others and move on in life - as long as I knew that i was doing no wrong I shouldn't care whether things were going right for me or not.
The reason why I am not writing poems anymore is probably because I am very happy (touch wood) . Most poets are sad men ... so I am happy that I am not writing poems anymore.
Being able to give word to one's thought is an art and I want to develop it. Blogging helped me do that to some extend over the last one year...!!! I hope I keep writing something every week at least - whatever I feel at that point of time - I want to write that .... I hope I succeed.

No comments: