Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Confused and lost

As I laid my head on the pillow, I heard the sound of a train … thanks to the stillness of the night … I liked it for no apparent reason … there seemed to be something romantic about it … I felt like writing a poem

As the last ray of the sun
Dip into the endless seas
Darkness falls enchanting – fearful
About the night there’s something beautiful

Didn’t come out according to my liking … I stopped there … I did not want to write a poem anymore … but I did not want to sleep as well. I just sat on my chair with my study lamp turned on, stared outside the window and let my thoughts go astray…

We are just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
Wish you were here…

Am I also just a lost soul? Am I losing myself in the circular pattern of life or am I moving ahead? What do I want? Am I fearless? No I am not… but what is it that I am afraid of? I don’t know…

I tried to stop thinking, but I couldn’t.

We always wait for drastic changes in life, but they never come. It’s always the same. I used to think that once my exams get over, my life shall change drastically, I shall do this, I shall do that … but here I am doing almost nothing all day. Just lazing time away … (that is a drastic change in a way) … but still I can’t quench my thirst. Probably there is so much to do that in the confusion I am ending up doing nothing (or just writing blogs each day).

3 comments:

chaos said...

from a focused mind (CA exam) to open mind... to do anything under the sun... (or nothing!) ...

write some more poems... you write really good stuff...

Anonymous said...

This is what happens if you take Pink Floyd too seriously !!

Well, it is just not in our genes to do everything that we plan to, so don't feel bad about wasting time! But take up one useful activity.

devjit said...

thats it write your blog.
sometimes the simplest of solutions is not seen.
be a writer of blog day in day out:)