Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Koel's Song


O Koel, I hear thy beautiful song,
Everyday in the evening;
Though your song never really changes
Each day it seems to have a new meaning.

At times it’s got a touch of pain,
At times it seems to be full of joy;
Did something insignificant hurt you?
Or did you find for yourself, a new toy?

At times it seems to call for someone
With whom your thoughts you can share;
And then there is a bit of pride in your song
You know you sing better than
The other birds out there.

But the crows have got
Other crows to fight with,
The pigeons laze around in groups,
The sparrows, always so very cheerful,
Hop around and play in large troops.

But you, o koel, are always there
Sitting alone on that mango tree;
Everyone around has got some company
Except for you and me.

3 comments:

chaos said...

you seems to be feeling lonely...

hey buddy... i'll say try to enjoy this solitary moments... you might not find it later...

these will be the moments you'll always want to have....

ok do some self analysis...
alternatively.... get a gf...

and pls for god sake... don't expect her to be of ur frequency... they are not meant for that... actually if they are - then you'll find them boring... ;)

cheers

Your Mother said...

Your poems make more sense to me now, now that I have seen that beautiful terrace garden of yours. I can see where the inspiration comes from! :) That place is stuck in my mind. Exams end and I am heading over to stay at that terrace of yours! ha ha!

Beautiful poem, this one. Has a lot of depth and harmony in it. Great stuff!

Your Mother said...

eek. Damn blogger (or my net connection)! It posted my message four times. yuicks!

Sorry Kushal. delete them please if you can. Cause I cant seem to be able to.