Wednesday, April 07, 2010

In pursuit

Watching the sun rise through the mountains clad in snow
Feeling the warm breeze on a silver moonlit sea shore
Listening to the brook gurgle as it tumbles down the slopes
Smelling the fresh earth after the first rain drops.

Spreading my hands and running over open fields
Or lazing about under a giant oak tree
Wading hand in hand in the waves of the green sea
Or just walking down the road where my home once used to be

To spend a Sunday afternoon in the lap of my mother
Or talk about the fights that as a kid I had with my brother
A Saturday night spent with my friends in laughter
Or a quiet summer evening with her along the river

Such trivial things in life bring such immense joy
Then what are we running after – why this pain – this cry?
What we think we want is just an illusion
That is going further away along with our progression.

No comments: