Sunday, December 10, 2006

Random

Saw a beautiful dream last night …

We were going somewhere in a train and I asked her if she had ever imagined that we would be traveling this way some day? She said never, and allowed me to rest my head on her shoulder.

At that point of time, I felt a strange kind of satisfaction. As if, the storm that has been blowing inside me for quite sometime has calmed down. As if, I have found what I have been searching for.

But alas, the storm continues to blow and blow hard. I wonder if it will ever stop. The fear that it won’t makes me want to just give up everything.

But then there is something called “hope” – probably the most powerful word in the English dictionary. The word that gives me the energy to brave this storm inside me. The word that keeps the candle burning.

We come across times when nothing seems to be going right. The last one year has been that kind of a year for me. Though I have had a good academic year (which is a huge relief), in many other respects it has not been all that great and I must admit that mentally and emotionally, I am undergoing a lot of stress.

But just to cheer myself up, I’ll look at all the positives of the year:

i. Price Waterhouse: The experience of working at an MNC, the very fact that a name like PWC has been attached to me has added a new dimension to my life, to my career. I will not say that my experience at PWC has been all that great, but still, it does feel good when someone asks me what I am doing and I reply “I am working at Price Waterhouse.” I have found some good friends and I also share a very good rapport with my peers and seniors.

ii. Trip to Punjab: A two week audit trip to Ludhiana was a very enjoyable experience. The work pressure was not too high and it was a welcome break from Calcutta. The best part was an 18 km bicycle ride on a Sunday afternoon, exploring rural Punjab. It was an awesome experience. A day trip to Amritsar was also very enjoyable.
[http://new.photos.yahoo.com/kushal_mast/album/576460762324861960]

iii. Self Discovery: The last one year has been a year of self discovery. I have realized that I am capable of doing big things in life. In this one year, I have had to take up the responsibility of managing finances and at the end I think I have done quite well. I have made some mistakes, but then it has been a huge learning experience. I hope that by the next year, I shall learn the art of making money speak.

iv. Proposed trip to Jim Corbett: Health permitting, I have trip queued up to the Jim Corbett National park next week. Badly hoping that this trip falls in place.

v. Acads: Will not speak much about it, but had it not been a good academic year, I would have fallen prey to depression.

vi. Friends: I also realized that I have a couple of friends who really care for me. Their true friendship has also been a high of the year

That’s it then … feeling much better … lolz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"But then there is something called “hope” – probably the most powerful word in the English dictionary. The word that gives me the energy to brave this storm inside me. The word that keeps the candle burning."

yes..hope gives us the strength to lead on wid life even in the midst of heavy storms..life wouldnt turn out alwys the way we want..but definitely away frm our troubles we have some little joys too happening...there is a hidden joy happenin every moment somewher...when we take into account those little Blessings, our worries goes away!!

Take care!!

(btw the word verification thingyy, even if i type it out corectly, it wil accept my coment only aftr 4 or 5 attempts :D ..heeeeheee..)

Anonymous said...

life does seem weird at times!!sometimes friends too cant offer solace..or the kind of solace you are looking for..But then there is something always within you -HOPE...Neva let it die..Coz man can live only until hope is alive within him...Often we look for a beacon outside when there is darkness within.IF we light the candle of hope, of contentment and self-acceptance within ourselves,life would be so much happier!
Brillant post !!!Made me nostalgic and brought a smile to my face!be sure all my friends and family are gonna get a big thank you hug tomorrow!