Wednesday, September 15, 2004

of crushes and emotions....

"What's your name?"
"Kushal"
"Kushal is the name of one of my brothers also"
"But I am not your brother"
"Then become one"
... and she smiled, teasingly.

(Of course, I didn't accept her offer!!)

Well, I would be lying if I said that I fell for her at that moment or that her smile was the most beautiful smile I had seen, though writing this would make this post more romantic. In fact, I haven’t still fallen for her and nor do I find her smile the most beautiful. I just wrote these lines because as far as I remember, this was my first bit of conversation with her – my first crush.

As a matter of fact, she has been my only crush till date. I feel ashamed that I had my first crush at the age of 18. It should have happened at least 3 years earlier. I think I was slaisha attracted towards a girl in class 9, but I won’t put it down as a crush. I never had any special feelings for her, neither did I long for her company, hence not a crush.

Let me get back to my story. This conversation took place some time ago. Things have gone a long way since then. She is a good friend of mine and we are in constant touch. However I am not sure whether she knows that I have a crush on her and if she does, then I am really impressed with her. This is because this means that she has no special feelings for me, but she realizes that it is very natural for one person to have a crush on another and there is no need to react at all. Her attitude towards me has remained unchanged.

Crushes are usually one sided and it is really foolish to want the other person to reciprocate. Your liking her does not mean that she should also like you. You must understand that she will have her own likes and dislikes and she is not doing any injustice to you by not returning your favor. However, you should not mind communicating your feelings to her, because if she begins to avoid you after knowing your feelings, it means that she is not fit to be your crush, simply because she is a fool.

Let me tell you something about the nature of my crush. First thing I would say is that I am NOT in love with her. I don’t want her to become all mine, neither do I want to have a relationship with her. I just want her to be a good friend of mine, one with whom I can talk and spend time with on a regular basis. I would like to meet her more often and I would be very obliged, if she also likes my company in the same way.

I know I have a crush on her because I find myself thinking about her very often. I see her in my dreams at times also. She has many qualities that I like a lot. She is cheerful, chirpy, generous, helpful, friendly and free at heart. I am yet to come across any striking vice till date, though I don’t mean to say that she is perfect. Everyone has some imperfections and she is no exception. I don’t even know her closely enough.

There is a line in the movie Bawarchi – “ We people are so busy seeking things, that we think shall bring us loads of happiness, that we fail to live the small moments of happiness that life brings with itself incessantly.” I have discovered that she is one person who knows how to enjoy these small moments of happiness.

I am pretty certain that if she reads this post, she will know immediately that it is she.
To you I say, just be the way you are – don’t change. You are a wonderful human being.

Probably I’ll write another such article when I have my next crush…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...its extremely flattering...!
thanx a lot!
it really made me feel exxxxtra special!!!!
i just cant stop blushing!

Anonymous said...

all i can say is im glad she read it!!